Welcome!

The techieteacher blog is my chance to muse, share, teach, discuss, vent, and write about educational technology. You can find more resources elsewhere on the techieteacher site - just use the navigation menu above!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Wading out of the technology mire...

Whew! Sorry for the May drought in posting. I've had to stay away from the blog because I simply haven't had time. Here's what's been going on at my school since the end of April:
  • I was piloting a 5-day trial of using Civilization in the social studies classroom. It was a World Geography class, with only a handful of gamers and three different versions of the game.

  • The state of Georgia has End of Course Tests for select courses in the four major subject areas - English, Social Studies, Math and Science. And this year, we chose to do all of our tests online (with a few exceptions).

  • Wrapping up the year itself involves accounting for all of the classroom technology and storing it for the summer.
I'm going to put together posts on each of those - when I do, I'll link this post to them. I'm also going to spend some time over the summer adding posts to techieteacher on a variety of things that have been rattling around my mind and my office, as well as beefing up the main website. Stay tuned!

No comments: